In a letter published on Friday, Google CEO Sundar Pichai announced that his organization is committing over $800 Million “to support small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), health organizations and governments, and health workers on the frontline of this global pandemic.”
The commitment includes:
- $250 million in ad grants to help the World Health Organization (WHO) and more than 100 government agencies globally provide critical information on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other measures to help local communities.
- A $200 million investment fund that will support NGOs and financial institutions around the world to help provide small businesses with access to capital.
- $340 million in Google Ads credits to SMBs with active accounts over the past year.
- A pool of $20 million in Google Cloud credits for academic institutions and researchers to leverage our computing capabilities and infrastructure as they study potential therapies and vaccines, track critical data, and identify new ways to combat COVID-19.
- Direct financial support and expertise to help increase the production capacity for personal protective equipment (PPE) and lifesaving medical devices.
Read the full text of his message HERE.