Spotify COVID-19 Music Relief
If you use the music streaming app Spotify, you may have noticed a new feature calling for donations to organizations that are supporting musicians during the COVID-19 crisis. This venture is known as the Spotify COVID-19 Music Relief Project. Using this platform, Spotify will match donations to the following five organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $10 million.
- MusiCares (USA)
- Centre National de la Musique (France)
- Help Musicians (UK)
- PRS Foundations (UK)
- Unison Benevolent Fund (Canada)
Qualifying donations must be made via the Spotify app or at THIS PAGE.
Spotify is also taking the following steps to help battle the pandemic and economic crisis:
- The company has donated to the CDC Foundation Emergency Response Fund and the WHO COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund
- It is launching a feature that will enable artists to fundraise directly from fans
- It is donating ad space to governments and nonprofits for health and safety PSAs.