Leading technology firms, universities, national laboratories and federal agencies have come together to establish the The COVID-19 High Performance Computing Consortium, which will employ an unprecedented amount of computing power to help researchers identify treatments and cures for the virus.
In just days, their work has identified 77 promising drug compounds that might be effective in the battle against the worldwide pandemic. Had this work been done on traditional computing platforms, it would have taken months or longer to achieve the same result.
Partners in the Consortium include:
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- University of California, San Diego
Department of Energy National Laboratories
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Sandia National Laboratories
- National Science Foundation
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center